I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!
Backstory: Thirty-some-umpty-ump years ago, "Mad Magazine" had a bit called "Don't You Hate..." or something along those lines. One of their cartoons was on the order of "Don't You Hate... when the TV bleeps something that wasn't anywhere near as bad as what you imagined was bleeped?"
Well, yeah. That's how it usually happens.
Case in point: Just this evening I happened across a video from 1969, one part of which had originally been bleeped on the public airwaves. Turns out, not only was the bleeped part not all that bad (hell, I've actually heard it on TV, no less, in the intervening years), it was actually what I had suspected it was all these years and nowhere near as bad as I had always hoped.
Rock on, JC.
N.B.: For the record, despite what the Youtube post says, this is NOT the original radio version, I'm pretty sure, unless perhaps it's a version I never heard that was the original radio version before I ever heard the radio version I heard. Or something like that. There is a whole verse missing early in the song ("Well he must have thought it was quite a joke..."). Not that it detracts from the crux of this post. But still...
Goes live on Saturday!
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment