Friday, July 31, 2009

Youtubin'

So after a long-ass, ugly week (at the very end of which I learned about some of my woeful ig'nance of certain subjects - don't ask) I decided to sit down with some many beers and go a youtubin' for some end-of-the-week soul-salvin'. And since my end-of-the-week soul-salvin' included some many beers, it had to include the Acerbic Atlas of Alcohol.

But, yet, still, and also, given my recent foray into 1950s Rock and Roll, it would need a 1950s component. Well lo and behold, George covered one of Chuck Berry's great songs. And it's a gem. And, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available on youtube, so far as I can tell.

But Chuck Berry is there:



Of course, I couldn't let this post go by without George's signature (well, at least one of them) tune:



And to tie it all together, here is an amazing trifecta. Chuck Berry and George Thorogood together, with the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn:



Glad this week's over, so I can enjoy some of these gems.

No comments: