Not mine, though. I seem to have hit some dead ends in my own family tree. But I'm still intrigued by the folks in the pictures I mentioned in this post. And I'm making some progress. I mentioned before that I identified some of the pictures, and I've contacted one person already who is sort of related to the lady I shall call "Edith" (because that's her name). Edith and my Grandma and a lady I shall call "Thelma" (ibid) went to college together at Chico State. And the lady I shall call "Mary" (op cit.) is the mother of Thelma.
There is one other gal not yet identified. She seems to be closely associated with Mary and Thelma (but not within the immediate family, though one might suspect so from the pictures). This gal got married in Hawaii in the 1930s. She had a son named Austin. Austin seems to be perhaps a family name, because Thelma's brother was named Austin.
I'm really hoping to identify this other gal soon, because the number of people who may have known this family is dwindling rapidly. Mom died in 2002, Auntie died in 2006, Mary died in 1957, Thelma died in (probably, not certain of the identity) 1973. Edith died ... well, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure she was born in 1902 and I think it's a fair bet that she didn't make 107. Her daughter is still alive, though (at last contact with said daughter's cousin) but no word back from the fellow yet.
But a small ray of hope: Thelma's brother, the aforementioned Austin, had a son. And I think I may have actually located him.
Now to find a way to contact him and offer pictures and ask for information without sounding like a weirdo stalker.
Shut up. I am NOT a weirdo stalker. I'm NOT!
Goes live on Saturday!
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment