So I was sitting here drinking some beer and poking around at Ancestry.com. Unfortunately, I haven't had time (nor, honestly, inclination) to learn how to upload stuff to their new type of tree. To be quite brutal, I don't too much like them, those "public member trees". Too hard to navigate efficiently.
BUT...
They do have the advantage over the old style of allowing members to upload pictures. And this evening, for the first time, I searched through said pictures. AND HIT SOME FREAKIN' PAYDIRT!
Found some of Uncle Chum, his wife Dodie, and his daughter Melody. Very cool. Sometime I may tell the story of visiting Uncle Chum back in the day (irk - I think I put the wrong year in the message I sent to the owner of the pictures!) Chum died in 1982, and his daughter Melody moved into the old home place with her family. I visited her in 2002, shortly after Mom died. I told her who I was and she said, "Yep, you favor [my Dad] some." Well, actually, that's paraphrased from an old joke but she definitely said something to that effect. We had a nice chat before I rolled on down the highway. But that's another story for another time. BTW, if you've read my posts about Uncle Danny the Jockey, she's the one who still has Danny's silks.
Goes live on Saturday!
5 days ago

1 comment:
Very cool! I love finding more family history stuff.
Wish I had more time and was closer to my source material...i.e. Virginia.
Post a Comment