Monday, June 1, 2009

Some success

And some new confusions.

Regarding this post, the fellow I contacted is indeed Austin's son. And I spoke to him by phone earlier this evening. Pleasant chap, we swapped some information and such, before I had to cut the conversation short to head off for a prior engagement.

He told me some of his Aunt Thelma (my Grandma's classmate). Turns out, the caption on the back of one of the pictures I have has her incorrectly identified (probably, will have to get the pics to him to confirm, but I suspect my Grandpa incorrectly remembered her surname). But Thelma's in-laws: they were Hawaiian royalty. Pretty cool.

Still trying to identify that other gal ("Smiley 2") but I'm hoping that perhaps my new contact can shed some light on her. I have some suspicions, though he didn't recognize the names I mentioned on the phone. But perhaps we shall learn more soon...

No comments: