Hokay, kids. This one will probably only be gotten by rural folk/hunters/bucolic people. But I'm one of them and I loved it when I heard this story probably 30 years ago. And the embedded version is definitely not the exact version I remember from the salad days of KFAT radio. Specifically, I remember the line:
"The boy pulled out a steel ball one one inch in diameter. Both ways."
Otherwise, it's mostly how I'd have transcribed from memory, except for the immortal line "It's a sin to lie to someone older than you." But it does have the great line, "You're goin' to Hell on a bobsled." Listen to it all, it's pretty much how I remember it, but I'll transcribe the punchline here as I remember it:
"How about that. A little bitty left-handed kid..."
"Mister, I ain't left-handed."
"How come you chunk left handed? How come you don't chunk right handed?"
"My daddy won't let me"
"How come"
"I tear 'em up too damn bad"
Goes live on Saturday!
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment