Saturday, April 18, 2009

Singin' the Praises

of Rolf Harris.

Until this evening I've only heard two of his songs, but they are famous and they are great. And here they are:



And this one, with an explanation of the lyrics:



Oh yeah, I'll be a-youtubin' for Rolf here later this evening, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

I'm still looking for a different version of "Waltzin' Mathilda". It was by another group, with a more modern, jazzy feel to it. But I can't remember their names. A guy I worked with many years ago had a tape of them, and it was cool. Desperately need to fine it...

1 comment:

B.B. said...

That's a funny version of Waltzing Matilda, a song much older than the singer. Here's a sad but poignant song ABOUT that song, among othetr things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_DvJ00jCJM

WV: devoide -- you'd have to be devoide a heart not to be moved by that song.