Saturday, April 18, 2009

Singin' the Praises Again

...for the Goddess Carole King.

Y'all know that I am very reticent to bestow the term Goddess on folks. Patsy Cline is on the Goddess List. So is Marilyn McCoo. So is Gladys Knight. And Sarah Vaughn. And Laura Nyro.

But there's another who needs to be on the Goddess List. I'm only surprised I never mentioned her being on the Goddess List before. I won't embed any of the youtubes of her stuff, just go here and browse her Goddessliness:

The Goddess Carole King

Oh wait. I think I WILL embed one. The Goddess Carole King:



I embed that particular one because DNT sang it in a school talent contest many years ago.

Yet I feel the need to embed another from The Goddess Carole King. So here's one I didn't know until just now that she (and Gerry Goffin) wrote (at least, I assume the fact that she's singing it means that she wrote it):



Oh Carole! You Sweet Goddess! Sing it!

UPDATE: OH. MY. GOD. I just realized that the "Tapestry" album came out 38 years ago. That's before Dave J. was born. Hell, that's before Emily was born. And yet I remember it well.

Crap. I am so frickin' old.

3 comments:

Cullen said...

Before I was born as well.



Old man.

WunderKraut said...

Don't forget me Dad. I wasnt born yet either.

The Fifth String said...

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm old. STFU.